There is no mistaking it—bud break is that glorious moment that happens in the vineyard each spring as the vines wake up from their winter dormancy. All winter long, grapevines stood lifeless and bare, but as the temperature rises and the days lengthen, they are suddenly bursting with vitality.
Each person that purchases a ticket will get:
- 10 – $1 gift certificates redeemable at participating wineries
- Unique opportunities to search the vineyards for bud breaks
- A chance to talk winemaker and vineyards management with the owners
- Travia Questions
- A chance to win and earn great prizes. At each stop you can win instantly and the person with the most correct trivia answers wins a grand prize.
Don’t forget to get a passport to Willcox Wine Country.
Passport to Willcox Wine Country
This passport will give you special deals at participating Willcox Wine Country Wineries. In the future, we are working with the City of Willcox on monthly promotions! Passport holders will get special invitations, discounts and other surprises.
Visit Wineries & Vineyards Through Willcox Wine Country
The bud break promotion will be an exciting time at the vineyards. Each purchase enters the purchaser into the promotion. You will register at the Willcox Wine Country Information Booth located on Railroad Ave. at the Rex Allen Muesum. At that time, you will be registered and the rules will be explained.
There will be 3 “destination areas” where you can taste wine and play the promotion. Here are some of the basic rules:
- Destination 1 – Wineries in Downtown Willcox – Carlson Creek, Golden Rule and Keeling Schaefer, Strive Vineyards, Copper Horse and Birds & Barrel.
- Destination 2 – Coronado Vineyards
- Destination 3 – Kansas Settlement Area – Birds and Barrels, Pillsbury, Zarpara, Bodega Pierce, Barrelhead Farms along with 1764 Vineyards.
- You can choose your own path.
There will be an overview of the bud break promotion given every half hour at the Information Booth.
Complete details are available on our Website www.willcoxwinecountry.org. Check back occasionally to stay up to date. We will be announcing other participants soon.
Our Safety Procedures
Our goal is to put on a safe and socially distancing promotion/festival. We are concerned about our customers and vendors safety. In order to ensure these goals, the following guidelines must be adhered to:
- If you are sick, please stay home. If you have tested positive for Covid-19 within the previous two weeks, please stay home.
- Everyone must wear a mask! Mask may be removed to sample wine and eat. Please wear your mask when going from vendor to vendor.
- Social distancing markers must be adhered to. We have spaced out our booths and given extra travel paths between vendors.
- No groups over 10 people.
- Avoid congregating in the park or at the wineries.
- There will be a basic health screen at the entry and at the wineries, all vendors and customers must pass the screen to enter the festival grounds.
COVID-19 RELEASE & HOLD-HARMLESS AGREEMENT
This document has legal consequences. If you do not understand it, consult your attorney. The current world-wide Coronavirus (“COVID-19”) pandemic and Arizona’s Governor’s Executive Orders are affecting operations of businesses and events in many communities. These Orders underscore the risks associated for individuals attending festivals, and the risks for vendors; by allowing customers to enter the festival grounds. By procedure with your ticket purchase, you understand that exposure to disease-causing organisms and objects, such as COVID-19, and personal contact with others, including but not limited to vendors, other customers, event staff and others associated with the promotion/festival, involves a certain degree of risk that could result in illness, permanent disability or death. By proceeding with your ticket purchase, you also acknowledge that it is impossible to screen and/or monitor all such individuals. After fully and carefully considering all the potential risks involved, I hereby assume the same and agree to release and hold-harmless Cochise Graham Wine Council, (dba Willcox Wine Festival), the City of Willcox, AZ, all participating wineries and vendors, and its employees, officers, agents, and vendors from and against, all claims and liability resulting from exposure to disease-causing organisms and objects, such as COVID-19, associated with me either viewing and/or inspecting property occupied by others, or allowing others to enter property which I own or occupy. You further agree to share this information with any customers you are purchasing tickets for.
Thank you for your patience. We appreciate your continued loyalty and understanding during this difficult time. Stay safe and healthy, we’ll see you soon.
ABOUT COCHISE GRAHAM WINE COUNCIL, INC | WILLCOX WINE COUNTRY:
Cochise Graham Wine Council (formally Willcox Wine Country Partnership) is a consortium of Arizona Farm Wineries located in the Willcox area, Cochise and Graham counties in southeastern Arizona. The Willcox area leads the industry’s grape production by growing 74% of the state’s wine grapes and is the source of the most highly rated Arizona wines by Wine Spectator, with 45 wines rated 88-90 over the past 10 years. The area is designated the Willcox AVA (American Viticultural Area), making it federally recognized as a unique and distinctive wine growing region in the United States. Local wineries feature 10 tasting rooms, tours, locally grown and produced wines and the semi-annual Willcox Wine Country Festival (held in May and October), which has been rated by Fodor’s Travel as one of the top-ten wine festivals in North America. For more information visit www.willcoxwinecountry.org.
FAQs – This is a Rain Or Shine Event
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
Anyone can enter the event free, however, you must be 21 to taste wine. Please bring ID. The festival in Railroad Park is free to attend.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
There are plenty of free parking spaces in downtown Willcox.
What can/can’t I bring to the event?
You cannot enter the event with alcoholic beverages purchased elsewhere or leave the event with an open container. Friendly Dogs on leash are welcome. Persons under 21 must be accompanied by Parent or Guardian.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?